Estimated Time to Rome Flight:

Want to be notified when I update? Just send me your e-mail address and I'll add you to the list. Alternatively, if you use an RSS reader, grab my feed: Post Feed (Atom)

Friday, June 20, 2008

First Day

From Sara: We scored first class seats! We ordered the exact same dinner and kept speaking in unison...we could hear the twin comments a mile away. :)


After a comfie flight our friend Fabio met us at the airport and welcomed us into his home with flare. After a quick regroup we were whisked off to the city center and the adventure began. Here are all of the things we witnessed today alone: piazza navona, pantheon, marcus aurelius column, trevvi fountain, spagna, villa borghese, piazza del popolo, colloseo, mouth of truth, trajans market and column whew!


We saw an...interesting play in the Roman Forum. Now we are savoring a dinner at Zio Ciro with our friend and server Mimo. Included is a pic of John in Piazza Navona.

John's quote of the day: 'I've seen a lot, but I have a lot more to see. Rome is too big to absorb in one day.' (said in a bit of dazed stupor :)

2 comments:

Mini Mama said...

Wonderful to actually SEE you there! Regards to Fabio from Mini Mama...thanks for taking care of i miei bambini!

Outlaw #1 said...

I'm glad everything worked out with the flight and getting first (did your t.v. work this time?). Keep sending pictures, lots of pictures! Get pictures of everyone - everywhere. Do you guys have a plan of attack so you see everything and let Jon "experience" Roma? Say hi to everyone at Ziro Ciro for me.