Estimated Time to Rome Flight:

Want to be notified when I update? Just send me your e-mail address and I'll add you to the list. Alternatively, if you use an RSS reader, grab my feed: Post Feed (Atom)

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Third Day

From Sara: Today is museum day. We got an early start and fought the tour groups. We had a breakfast of fruit at the Forum then went to the Musei Capitolini. John filled me in on the more interesting pieces namely a bronze ststue of the wolf with Romulus and Remius that is controversial as well as the Equestrian bronze of Marcus Aurelius. The attached picture is of a large fountain in the museum.

We had lunch in Spagna along with gelato. Then I napped in Villa Borghese while John tried to go to the Galleria though they were sold out.

From there we went to what I thought was the Versace museum (meg :) but really housed an alter (Johnwill explain). He went in while I made friends with two Morrocan men and their pet bird. I attached a second pic of the water fall near the museum, you can also see the backs of
my friends.

For dinner we cooked for Fabio and our new Argentinian friend Adrian. The menu was pig wrapped dates alla John and Chicken alla Sara (formerly chicken bryan). Grocery shopping was a blast, not only because of the varoety but also due to the language barier. It was like catch phrase on crack! Dinner was a big hit. We had planned a twist on French Toast for dessert (we had to 'skip' on the phrase 'maple syrup' so we planned to drizzle chocolate instead) because we
were so full. Don't worry we saved for tomorrow and will let you know how it compares to Moms by vote :)

We wrapped up the night by watching Birdcage together and finally to bed.

Tomorrow - Vatican City with Eugene.

John's quotes of the day ''so this piece is cool because...'' and ''that waiter was so rude!''

No comments: